Do you want to start a dropshipping business? Learn how to start an online store with Shopify.
Today I’m going to show how to create your own Shopify online store in 20 minutes. Maybe you already have a product idea to sell online.
Good news! I’m using Shopify for years. So how simple to create your online with Shopify?
- No coding or Shopify experience is required.
- Basic computer skills.
Bring your ideas to life for $1/month
The future of business is yours to shape. Sign up for a free trial and enjoy 3 months of Shopify for $1/month on select plans.
And this step-by-step guide will help you create your own Shopify website.
What is Shopify, and how does it work?
Shopify is a complete commerce platform that lets you start, grow, and manage a business.
- Create and customize an online store
- Sell in multiple places, including web, mobile, social media, online marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops.
- Manage products, inventory, payments, and shipping
Shopify is entirely cloud-based and hosted, which means you don’t have to worry about upgrading or maintaining software or web servers. This gives you the flexibility to access and run your business from anywhere with an internet connection.
Ready to create a Shopify store?
Learn how to start an online store with Shopify
Step 1: Sign Up for Shopify
After clicking Shopify start free trial button. You must have your email, password, and your store name. Then click create your store.
After that, Shopify will show you Sit tight; we’re creating your store! The Success, your store is ready to go!
After you click, tell Shopify a little about yourself.
It would be best if you answered the questions. Are you already selling and choosing one.
- I’m not selling products yet
- I’m selling, just not online
- I sell with a different system
- I’m just playing around
And then, What is your current revenue? Now you can click Yes; if you agree, are you setting up a store for a client? Then click Yes or select the skip button.
The following page asks you to fill in personal information such as first name, last name, address, phone number, business, or unique website.
Step 2: Add a Product to Your Shopify Store
After sign-up to your Shopify website, it will show you tips to get started in your home dashboard to get ready to sell online. The first step is asking you to add your first product. You can add physical items, digital downloads, services, or anything else you dream up. Click the Add product.
After you click the add product you will proceed to add the product page. You need to fill in details:
- Title – this is the title on your product that is visible in your customer view of your online store.
- Description – you need to describe your products, especially the benefits and why people should buy your products.
- Images – you can add good images that describe your product.
- Price – pricing of your product, also you can add tax on your products.
- Inventory – this is good to monitor your physical product.
- Shipping – if you are selling a physical product, you need to add your shipping fee. Add weight to calculate shipping rates at checkout and label prices during fulfillment.
- Customs information – Used by border officers to calculate duties when shipping internationally. Shown on customs forms you print during fulfillment. This is your country of origin.
- Variants – If your product has multiple options, like different sizes or colors.
- Product availability – options where do you want to sell your product like online store, social, and more.
- Organization – this is your product type, for example, shirt then vendor.
- Collections – Add product to a collection, so it’s easy to find in your store.
- Tags – this is very useful in terms of SEO.
The best part.
Shopify Search engine listing preview
What I love about Shopify is that I can edit my Search engine listing preview. I add a title and description to see how this product might appear in a search engine listing.
Just make you write the right length of product title for search engine optimization and a good product description. Plus, use a short product URL.
Google typically displays the first 50–60 characters of a title tag if you keep your titles under 60 characters. Recommend a 160-character limit for your Meta descriptions.
Step 3: Customize the Shopify Store Theme
Before you can publish your online store, you need to customize the online store’s appearance. Go back to your home dashboard. Select the Online Store button and click themes.
Now, you have two options to show you an online store for your customers.
- Free themes – this is good if you are just getting started on your online store business.
- Premium themes – It's a little bit pricy if you are just getting started with a small budget, but I recommend it. It has many options to increase your revenue. Yeah! Premium is always premium.
Step 4: Setup Your Domain
After you customize and design your online store, it’s time to buy or connect a domain. Make your store memorable and easy to find with a custom domain. You can buy a domain from BlueHost.
Step 5: Activate Your Payment Gateway
Accept your customers’ payment method of choice from Shopify Payments to integrations with over 100 other payment providers worldwide. The payment method may vary by country.
The final step is to pick a plan for your store.
Step 6: Pick a Plan for Your Store
You need to pick a plan for your store. You have three options, from the basic Shopify plan to advanced. Pick a plan to use when your free trial ends. There is no risk—if Shopify isn’t right for you, cancel before the 14-days trial.
You can pick a Shopify plan here to start to create a Shopify store.
After all, is done you can click on the Launch Website button to make the store live.
Congratulations! You now have a fully functional Shopify online store. Cheers to financial freedom.
Still, no time to build your Shopify store website? Check out my Gig on Fiverr. I will create and design your Shopify store.
Now I’d like to turn it over to you.
What product would you like to sell? Or which Shopify plan do you prefer to create a Shopify online store?
Or maybe you have a question about something you read.
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
We’re love to hear your questions also.
Kindly, comment below and I will try my best to answer and include your questions on the list.